Filatov Andrey (18.12.1971)
Russian chess amateur, Vice President of FIDE (2014), President of the Russian Chess Federation (2014), businessman, Honorary Academician of the Russian Academy of Arts and an art collector.
Andrey Filatov was the organizer, initiator and sponsor of the World Championship Match between V. Anand and B. Gelfand at the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow 2012 and as well the sponsor of few top tournaments in Russia and Paris. He has also financed the renewal of the Chess Museum in Moscow.
For his successful involvement in sport, art, business and management, Andrei Filatov was awarded:
– The Moscow Times Awards (10 December 2013) – for sponsoring the startup of the first television channel dedicated exclusively to chess.
– Order of St Seraphim of Sarov, 3nd Class (25 June 2013).
– The most popular Russian sports manager of 2014 according to the Sport History and Statistics Fan Club (Russia)
– Five Continents Medal of UNESCO (26 May 2015).
– French National Order of the Legion of Honour (2 March 2016).
– Medal of the Order “For Merit to the Fatherland”, 2nd class (14 May 2016)